Red Crescent Society of Tajikistan (RCST) was created in 23 December, 1927.
On 1992 the RCST was recognized by the Government of Tajikistan as an independent, voluntary and social society, acting throughout the country.
The RCST implements its activities as a humanitarian organization based on fundamental principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. On 06 November 1997 the RCST was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross as a component of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and on 20 November 1997 acceded the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
The RCST has more than 12’000 members, 950 primary organizations and more than 11’000 volunteers. The RCST is consisted of 2 provincial, 2 regional, 16 city, and 49 district branches and has in total 69 branches.
The RCST recognized on 06.11.1997 by the International Committee of the Red Cross as a component of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and from 20.11.1997 is being a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
GOALS AND MISSION
The RCST as an auxiliary structure to the Government of Tajikistan in the humanitarian services aims to improve the life of the most vulnerable groups of population, who suffer from the difficult living conditions, which threaten their lives or reduce their opportunity to maintain minimum social and economic security, and human dignity.
The RCST mission is to alleviate human suffering wherever it may be found, without any discrimination. When appropriate, the RCST through its members and volunteers brings assistance to people, being guided solely by their needs.
THE KEY AREA ACTIVITIES:
- Dissemination of knowledge on the International Humanitarian Law and promoting fundamental principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement,
- Disaster preparedness and response,
- Health care,
- Community based first aid,
- Visiting vulnerable people,
- Restoring family links,
- Mine risk awareness
The RCST has an advantage of rich experience and modern sustained and country-wide branches. Its primary organizations are established in residences, place of jobs and study.
In recent five years more than 50’000 population of Tajikistan, who affected from natural disaster benefited from the humanitarian aid of RCST and its partners.
The Red Crescent Society of Tajikistan will continue to develop the capacity of the branches to increase their efficiency. The RCST also intends to improve the retention of volunteers and members, which is crucial for the Red Crescent to be able to meet the challenges and opportunities presented by a fast-changing world.
- The Government of the Republic of Tajikistan,
- The Ministry of Education and science of the Republic of Tajikistan,
- The Ministry of Health and Social Protection of the Republic of Tajikistan,
- The Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Tajikistan,
- The Committee of Emergency Situations and Civil Defense,
- The International Committee of Red Cross,
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies,
- The Finnish Red Cross,
- The German Red Cross,
- The Italian Red Cross,
- China Red Cross,
- Kuwait Red Crescent,
- UAE Red Crescent,
- and other National Red Cross and Red Crescent societies,
- The European Union programs,
- The United Nation agencies,
- King Salman Relief and Humanitarian aid Center of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia,