Position title: RCST DRR/Anticipation Project Coordinator
Project commencement and completion dates: January 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023 with possible extension
Duty station: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
- PROJECT BACKGROUND
Project title: Integrated project on anticipatory humanitarian assistance and disaster risk reduction for vulnerable communities in Central Asia affected by mudflows and other natural hazards.
The project will be based on the GRC’s long-term supported and well-proven community-based disaster risk reduction (CBDRR) model included in DRR Strategies of RCSs, which will be adjusted to incorporate the anticipatory actions – all aiming at the overarching goal of enabling the local communities to become more resilient and well-prepared for crises situations. The anticipation actions will comprise activities to complement the recommendations of the FbF feasibility assessment conducted in the region in 2022.
The HNSs will be enabled to deliver high quality and context specific humanitarian assistance to the communities prone to frequent occurrence of mudflows, and the communities in the target areas will have increased preparedness and response capacities. This action will be implemented within the frame of the German Red Cross Global Project funded by the German Federal Foreign Office (GFFO). Following the vertical logic of the Thematic Model Log frames of the GRC Global Project, the selected outcomes, outputs and activities will cover areas of DRR, Anticipation, Readiness and Multipurpose Cash assistance in line with existing needs with consideration of RCSs capacities and priorities.
- MAIN OBJECTIVE
Red Crescent Society of Tajikistan (RCST) is well positioned in the country in terms of both preparedness and readiness to respond to a wide range of natural disasters that regularly hit the country, causing economic and human losses.
Beginning from 2019, the successful implementation of FbF piloting interventions (on heatwave and cold wave) in Tajikistan has equipped RCST with the extensive experience in coordination and cooperation with local and national authorities during an extreme weather event as well as it has as considerably strengthened the operational capacity of RCST in response to disasters. The results of implementation of early actions achieved so far, demonstrated ability of the RCST to respond to disasters effectively and efficiently and at the same time rapidly pursuant to the timelines agreed in the EAP for both events. The readiness of RCST is evident from existence of up-to-date strategic documents, plans, strategies etc. aiming at guiding emergency preparedness, early actions, and response. This implementation is expected to be conducted taking into account previous in-country piloting experience and best practices.
The RCST Project Coordinator agrees to act in accordance with the best commitment in mind, which may require him/her to present the best of the skills and experience interest to perform all the duties required of the Position. In carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the Position, he/she agrees to adhere to all policies, procedures, rules, regulations as administered by the RCST (Red Cross and Red Crescent) principles. In addition, the RCST Project Coordinator agree to abide by all governmental laws while employed by the RCST and shall be expected to work full-time.
- EXPECTED RESPONSIBILITIES OF RCST PROJECT COORDINATOR
The main responsibilities of the RCST Project Coordinator are following:
- Assist RCST Head of Disaster Management Department and GRC Project Manager in the overall operational management of the GRC supported Integrated project on anticipatory humanitarian assistance and disaster risk reduction for vulnerable communities in Central Asia (in Tajikistan) financed by Federal Foreign Office of Germany, ensuring that specific objectives are met in timely manner.
- Assist in ensuring efficient and effective management of the resources of the donor(s) in implementation of the project activities and ensure the funds of the project are used solely for the activities as described in the project description.
- Monitor all project activities in Tajikistan through regular field-visits to the project sites and timely produce respective reports.
- Ensure timely implementation of activities and achieving planned project results.
- Liaise with governmental authorities and other stakeholders on any project related issues to ensure coordination and proper achievement of tasks and objectives.
- Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with all guidelines and procedures which are applicable under the existing project documents/agreements with the Donor and counterpart(s).
- Ensure that all narrative and financial reporting is submitted in timely manner.
- Assist on budget monitoring, in order to prevent under and over expenditures and to ensure that all the project expenditures are done according with the agreed budget.
- Take responsibility to present and discuss proposed changes in project implementation and budget with Head of Disaster Management Department and GRC Project Manager.
- Produce and submit project reports to the GRC Project Manager according to the donor requirements, formats and deadlines.
- Ensure that the GRC Project Manager is kept fully informed and updated when other external parties (counterparts, INGO’s, NGO’s & GO’s, donors, etc.) seek contact or correspond on any matters.
- Ensure all project files, records, archives and databases are kept in good order and regularly updated.
- Assist in development of new project concepts, elaboration of project designs, submission to donor(s), and further implementation according to the donor(s) requirements, formats and deadlines.
- Undertake any other project related duties and responsibilities that are not mentioned in this job description.
- Undertake any other work-related duties that may be requested by supervisor.
- POSITION REQUIREMENTS
|Further qualification in appropriate fields||˅|
|Proven English verbal and written English translation skills||˅|
|Experience in working with Red Cross and Red Crescent||˅|
|Experience in working with humanitarian organizations||˅|
|Experience in administration / finance||v|
|Experience in writing narrative reports in English||v|
|Experience in managing, training, supervising, and supporting staff in field operations||v|
|Proven very good planning and coordination, designing, communication, budgeting and organizational skills for field operations.||v|
|Knowledge and skills||Required||Preferred|
|Appropriate experience using Office 365 related to administration and finance.||˅|
|Proactive skills in training people and design and development of projects||˅|
|Strong sense of responsibility and commitment||˅|
|Excellent interpersonal communication skills||˅|
|Flexibility, multitasking, ability to work in team in a supportive and cross-functional way||˅|
|Fluently spoken and written Tajik||v|
|Fluently spoken and written English||v|
|Fluently spoken and written Russian||˅|
Please send your CV/Resume (mentioning position in the subject line) to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is January 8, 2023. It should be noted that the applications sent after this date and time will not be taken into consideration.
Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview. RCST does not enter into correspondence with regard to the reasons for non-selection of candidates.