The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. It directs and coordinates the international relief activities conducted by the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement in situations of conflict. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Mission in Dushanbe is looking for an:
based in GBAO
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Mission, the Field Representative based in GBAO supports the implementation and monitoring of all ICRC activities, with a particular focus on protection and medical activities and other programs, and acts as the ICRC representative in the province.
- Represents the ICRC in his/her area of responsibility
- Executes field tasks mainly independently;
- Is the focal point for the Protection and Medical, Physical Rehabilitation Programs in his/her area of responsibility;
- Makes written reporting on the regular activities including contribution to ICRC institutional reporting;
- Supports and monitors the implementation of all ICRC activities in the area of responsibility and the cooperation with the Red Crescent Society in the covered region;
- Develops and maintains contacts with interlocutors: authorities at municipal/regional level, local/regional RC branches, population, suppliers, etc;
- Contributes to design of new projects;
- Translates orally and in writing from/to Tajik/Russian/English;
- Fluent in one Pamiri Dialect is a must;
Minimum required knowledge and experience:
- Diploma/Degree (medical background ideally with specialization in Orthopedic or Physiotherapy, or Traumatology or Public Health)
- 4 years of work experience in a similar field of activity
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English, Tajik, Russian
- Very good computer literacy
- Good rigor, method and analytical skills
- Experience with project management
- Good knowledge of the political, social and cultural environment in the country and more particularly in the area of responsibility
Interested candidates should send their CV and motivation letters as well as any recommendation letters to the ICRC Mission in Dushanbe, 1st pass N. Muhammad str. 6a, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Vacancy – Field Representative in GBAO'”. Deadline – 30 August 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.