The Red Crescent (RCST) with support of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (IFRC) and other partners, is preparing for and responding to the needs of people who have moved from Afghanistan to Tajikistan and for people who potentially will move from Afghanistan to Tajikistan in 2022. To ensure efficient planning, quality action and high accountability, the Red Crescent is looking for a highly motivated and committed project assistant. The Red Crescent is the leading humanitarian actor in Tajikistan supporting most vulnerable people to cover their needs in an inclusive, transparent and dignified way.
· Support the Head of Disaster Management with the planning, implementation and monitoring of day to day activities
· Ensure accurate and timely reporting
· Support procurement of planned commodities and services
· Work and coordinate closely with the finance department and other relevant departments to support monitoring and evaluation activities
· Prepare and verify financial documentation
· Support proper tracking of the budget through periodic budget reviews and reporting
· Provide field-based support (e.g. in Jayhun district)
· Provide and monitor regular disaster updates through the IFRC GO Platform and other IFRC online platforms
· Provide operational updates to the communications department
· Coordinate with gender & inclusion and community engagement focal points to promote an inclusive and dignified approach
· 2 or more years’ experience in disaster management/risk reduction/preparedness or early recovery work
· 2 or more years’ experience working for the Red Crescent / Red Cross Movement or a similar actor (e.g. UN, NGOs, OSCE, MSF) is strongly preferred
· Experience of writing narrative and financial reports
· Experience of planning and managing budgets
· Skills in computer, software systems (windows, spreadsheet, word processing, e-mail, internet.)
· Valid driving license (manual gear)
· Fluently spoken and written EN
Job Location: Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
Please send your CV/Resume (mentioning position in the subject line) to:
Deadline for applications is March 02, 2022. Please kindly note that the applications sent after this date and time will not be taken into consideration.
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview. RCST does not enter into correspondence with regard to the reasons for non-selection of candidates.