The Red Crescent Society of Tajikistan announces a competition for the vacant positions of Project Manager Assistant for Emergency Response (PMER) for the Emergency Appeal operation project
Project Manager Assistant for Emergency Appeal operation project
Tasks and duties:
- Support the Head of DM in the Afghanistan Regional Crises Operation in Tajikistan
- Support the Head of DM with the implementation, monitoring and revision of all activities identified under the respective EPoA
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting emergency operations, in line with agreed project contracts
- Support the management of emergency response and recovery projects and ensuring compliance with RCST and IFRC DM Standards
- Work with the PMER coordinator, finance and other relevant actors to support the monitoring and evaluation of operations, including documenting lessons learned and organizing after-action reviews
- Provide technical field-based support to RCST and IFRC during the implementation of their emergency and preparedness operations
- Support proper tracking of the budget through periodic budget reviews and reporting
- Prepare and verify financial documentation jointly with IFRC and RCST finance to reconcile Working Advances
- Coordinate with RCST and IFRC Finance to ensure financial compliance
- Support procurement of planned commodities and services as needed
- Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps
- Support the provision of regular, accurate and timely narrative and financial reports
- Prepare and share informal updates and Information Bulletin on national disasters
- Support RCST and IFRC to provide and monitor regular disaster updates through GO Platform and other IFRC online platforms
- Coordinate with RCST and IFRC Communication to provide contents and information on emergency response operations
- Coordinate with PGI focal point in RCST and IFRC CCSTto promote the integration of PGI in project implementation
- Coordinate with IFRC and RCST NSD to facilitate the volunteer management and general capacity-building activities in emergency operations, including compliance to Code of Conduct and safeguarding policy.
- Previous working with one of the International RC/RC Movement component is preferred.
- Experience in writing narrative and financial reports.
- Experience in planning and managing budget.
- Knowledge and applied experience of supporting partners in disaster response efforts is preferred
- Understanding of opportunities and constraints for Disaster management and Early Warning programming
- Strong sense of responsibility and Management
- Skills in computer, software systems (windows, spreadsheet, word processing, e-mail, internet.)
- Valid driving license (manual gear)
- Presentation skills in English
- Very good English skills written and verbal
Job Location: Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
Please send your CV/Resume (mentioning position in the subject line) to:
The deadline for applications is the 18th of February, 2022. Please kindly note that the applications sent after this date and time will not be taken into consideration.
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview. RCST does not enter into correspondence with regard to the reasons for non-selection of candidates.