THE INTERNATIONAL COMMITTEE OF THE RED CROSS (ICRC)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. It directs and coordinates the international relief activities conducted by the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement in situations of conflict. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Mission in Dushanbe is looking for a:
based in Dushanbe
The Psychologist will work under the supervision of the Mental Health Psychosocial Support Program Responsible and will be in charge of implementing activities related to the project.
- Implements and follows-up Mental Health Psychological and Psychosocial (MHPSS) activities and projects
- Participates in setting mental health psychosocial procedures
- Provides advice on the technical orientation of a project.
- Evaluates the needs of beneficiaries and / or contributes to the design of evaluation tools
- Contributes to the assessment and design of existing and new projects
- Performs various office duties on computer, including updating database of the ICRC mental health & psychosocial program beneficiaries
- Implements MHPSS activities directly through individual consultations or group support meetings.
- Actively participates in the capacity building of partners (training, workshops)
- Provides solutions to a wide range of problems to the superior
- Develops and maintains contacts with interlocutors: authorities at municipal/regional level, local/regional RC branches, population, suppliers, etc.
- Drafts written reports in relation to the psychosocial programs
- Interprets in any situation with accuracy
- Translates all kinds of documents from national languages (Tajik and Russian) to English and reverse
Minimum required knowledge and experience
- High Education in Clinical Psychology (Diploma)
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in a similar field of activity
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Fluent Tajik and Russian, Uzbek is an asset
- Good knowledge about evaluation methods
- Very good computer literacy
- Good rigor, method and analytical skills
- Communication and training skills
- Management skills is an asset
- Good knowledge of the political, social and cultural assigned environment
Interested candidates should send their CV, motivation letters as well as any recommendation letters to the ICRC Mission in Dushanbe, 1st pass N. Muhammad str. 6a, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Vacancy – Psychologist'”.
Deadline: 30 September 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.